A creative space to divulge thoughts, ideas and visions of a talented man.
Men commonly feel the weight of responsibility, get a lot of stick, and subsequently often disengage.
Inspired by yearofthemale.com’s Charter for Contemporary Man, Creative Space;
- Provides an alternative expression of masculinity
- Provokes a shift in thinking about men’s needs
- Challenges assumptions about men’s roles and skills in the workplace
- Confronts the roles and responsibilities of men in family life
It may be a man’s world, but….. according to CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably)
“Suicide is the single biggest cause of death in Men under 45 in the UK”
Year of the male also states:
- 73% of adults who ‘go missing’ are men and 90% of rough sleepers are men
- Men are three times more likely than women to become alcohol dependent and 79% of drug-related deaths occur in men
- Men make up 94% of the prison population
- Men and boys from all backgrounds have shorter life expectancies than women and girls of the same background
- Boys from all backgrounds are underperforming girls at every stage of education
- 82% of fathers want to spend more time with their families and men are more likely to report work-life conflict